1. Which statement of the following is true for igneous rocks?
These have little fossils
(B) They have porous for water
(C) They are both crystal and noncrystal
(D) These rocks have no silicas
Answer(C) They are both crystal and noncrystal
[40th BPSC (Pre) 1995]
2. Which of the following rocks is not likely to contain fossils?
[Jharkhand PCS (Pre) 2013]
3. Regarding sedimentary rocks which of the following statements is true?
These are such rocks whose structure depend on temperature and pressure
(B) These rocks are crystal
(C) These rocks are deposited in layers
(D) These rocks cannot be formed in water
Answer(C) These rocks are deposited in layers
[Mizoram PSC (Pre) 2019 39th BPSC (Pre) 1994]
4. Sandstone is flasky rock, because
It is formed in desert
(B) It is formed due to heat
(C) It is formed under water
(D) It is formed on the mountain
Answer(C) It is formed under water
[Telangana PSC (Pre) 2019 MPPCS (Pre) 1993]
5. Origin of Metamorphic rocks occurs from …… rock.
(C) Both Igneous and Sedimentary
(D) None of the above
Answer(C) Both Igneous and Sedimentary
[Himachal Pradesh PSC (Pre) 2019 Jharkhand PCS (Pre) 2011]
6. Which one of the following is not an example of Metamorphic rock?
[Uttarakhand PCS (Pre) 2006]
7. Which one of the following is not associated to the ‘group’?
[Uttarakhand PCS (Pre) 2012]
8. Consider the following statements about the sedimentary rocks.
Sedimentary rocks are formed at Earth’s surface by the hydrological system.
2. The formation of sedimentary rocks involves the weathering of preexisting rocks.
3. Sedimentary rocks contain fossils.
4. Sedimentary rocks typically occur in layers.
Which of these statements are correct?
(A) 1 and 2
(B) 1 and 4
(C) 2, 3 and 4
(D) 1, 2, 3 and 4
Answer(D) 1, 2, 3 and 4
[IAS (Pre) 2001]