1. Who among the following founded the ‘Gadar Party’?
(B) Lala Lajpat Rai
(C) Bhagat Singh
Answer(A) Lala Hardayal
[UPPCS (Pre) 2008]
2. The ‘Indian Home Rule Society’ was founded in
(B) 1901 A.D.
(C) 1902 A.D.
(D) 1905 A.D.
Answer(D) 1905 A.D.
[UPRO/ARO (Mains) 2014]
3. The Indian Home Rule Society in London was started by
(B) B.G. Tilak
(C) M.K. Gandhi
(D) Shyamji Krishna Verma
Answer(D) Shyamji Krishna Verma
[UPPCS (Mains) 2007, 02]
4. Shyamji Krishna Verma established Indian Home Rule Society in
(D) San Fancisco
[UPPCS (Mains) 2004]
5. Gadar Party was established in the year
[41st BPSC (Pre) 1996]
6. Who was the leader of the Gadar Party?
(B) Lala Hardayal
(C) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(D) V.D. Savarkar
Answer(B) Lala Hardayal
[IAS (Pre) 1998]
7. The Gadar Movement was founded by
(B) Lala Hansraj
(C) Lala Hardayal
(D) Sohan Singh Bhakna
Answer(D) Sohan Singh Bhakna
[West Bengal PSC (Pre) 2019 UPPCS (Pre) 2004]
8. Who amongst the following was the first Chairman of the Gadar Party?
(B) Sohan Singh Bhakna
(C) Pandit Kashi Ram
(D) Keshar Singh
Answer(B) Sohan Singh Bhakna
[UPPCS (Mains) 2015]
9. Where were the Gadar revolutionaries, who became active during the outbreak of the World War I based?
(B) North America
(C) West America
(D) South America
Answer(C) West America
[IAS (Pre) 2005]
10. Gadar Party was founded in
(D) United States of America
Answer(D) United States of America
[UPPCS (Pre) 2008]
11. In which of the following countries ‘Gadar Party’ was founded?
[UP UDA/LDA (Pre) 2013]
12. The Gadar (Ghadar) was a
Revolutionary association of Indians with headquarters at San Francisco
(B) Nationalist organization operating from Singapore
(C) Militant organization with headquarters at Berlin
(D) Communist movement for India’s freedom with headquarters at Tashkent
Answer(A) Revolutionary association of Indians with headquarters at San Francisco
[IAS (Pre) 2014]
13. What was the cause of outbreak of Gadar Revolution?
Arresting of Lala Hardayal
(B) Kamagatamaru incident
(C) Beginning of first World War
(D) Hanging of Kartar Singh Sarabha
Answer(C) Beginning of first World War
[Gujarat PSC (Pre) 2019 39th BPSC (Pre) 1994]
14. Who among the following established a Republican Government abroad?
(B) Subhash Chandra Bose
(C) Ras Behari Bose
(D) None of the above
Answer(A) Mahendra Pratap
[UPPCS (Spl) (Pre) 2008]
15. A provisional Government of India with Raja Mahendra Pratap as its President was established during the first World War in
[UPPCS (Pre) 2012 UP UDA/LDA (Spl) (Mains) 2010]
16. Who is regarded as the ‘Mother of Indian Revolution’?
(B) Sarojini Naidu
(C) Rama Bai
(D) Bhikaji Rustam Cama
Answer(D) Bhikaji Rustam Cama
[UPPCS (Pre) 2003 UP UDA/LDA (Pre) 2002 60th to 62nd BPSC (Pre) 2016]
17. Where did Madam Cama hoist the first tricolour flag in 1907?
[56th to 59th BPSC (Pre) 2015]
18. Which of the following pair got sentence to be hanged for assassination of the British officers in England?
Rajguru and Sukhdev
(B) Khudiram Bose and Surya Sen
(C) Madal Lal Dhingra and Udham Singh
(D) Kartar Singh Sarabha and Ashfaqullah Khan
Answer(C) Madal Lal Dhingra and Udham Singh
[UPPCS (Spl) (Pre) 2004]
19. What was common among Madam Bhikaji Cama, M. Barkatullah, V.V.S. Iyer and M.N. Roy?
All of them were leading members of the International Communist Movement
(B) M. Barkatullah was the Prime Minister and the rest were ministers in the ProvisionalGovernment of free India established by a group of revolutionaries at Kabul
(C) All of them were among the prominent revolutionaries outside India operating in different countries during the freedom movement
(D) All of them were accused in the case relating to the throwing of a bomb on Lord Hardinge
Answer(C) All of them were among the prominent revolutionaries outside India operating in different countries during the freedom movement
[IAS (Pre) 1994]
20. What was Kamagatamaru?
A political party based in Taiwan
(B) Peasant Communist leader of China
(C) A naval ship of Voyage to Canada
(D) A Chinese village where Mao Tse lung began his long march
Answer(C) A naval ship of Voyage to Canada
[IAS (Pre) 2005]