1. In which of the following States Congress did not won an absolute majority in the elections for the Legislative Assemblies which were held under the 1935 Act?
[UPPCS (Spl) (Mains) 2004]
2. The province where the Indian National Congress could not get absolute majority during the general election of 1937 was
[UPPCS (Mains) 2004]
3. In which of the following province Indian National Congress had not obtained a full majority in provincial legislature elections held in 1937?
[UPPCS (Pre) 1992]
4. The Provincial Governments were constituted under the Act of
[53rd to 55th BPSC (Pre) 2011]
5. In 1937 elections, Congress secured a clear majority in the State numbering.
[RAS/RTS (Pre) 1996]
6. The province where Indian National Congress did not form its ministry after general elections of 1937 was
[UP Lower Sub. (Pre) 2008, 04 UPPCS (Mains) 2003]
7. In which one of the following provinces was the Congress ministry not formed under the Act of 1935?
[IAS (Pre) 2005]
8. In how many provinces was the Congress ministry formed in the election of the year 1937?
[UP Lower Sub. (Pre) 2015]
9. The Tenure of the Congress ministries formed in the elections of 1937 after the Act of 1935 was
(B) 22 months
(C) 24 months
(D) 28 months
Answer(D) 28 months
[UPPCS (Mains) 2010]
10. After the formation of ministries in the province in 1937, Congress rule lasted for
(B) 29 months
(C) 30 months
(D) 31 months
Answer(A) 28 months
[UPPCS (Pre) 2013 UP Lower Sub. (Pre) 2013]
11. Muslim League celebrated the day of Deliverance in
[RAS/RTS (Pre) 1999]
12. In which Working Committee did the Congress adopted the policy of abolishing land ownership?
Working Committee, 1937
(B) Working Committee, 1942
(C) Working Committee, 1945
(D) Working Committee, 1946
Answer(A) Working Committee, 1937
[39th BPSC (Pre) 1994]
13. Who of the following was entrusted with finance portfolio in the ministry formed in U.P. after the election of 1937?
Govind Ballabh Pant
(B) Rafi Ahmad Kidwai
(C) Kailash Nath Katju
(D) Mohammad Ibrahim
Answer(B) Rafi Ahmad Kidwai
[UPPCS (Pre) 2012]
14. Consider the following provinces of British India and identify those where the Indian National Congress did not form a ministry in 1937?
Select the correct answer from the code given below.
(A) 1 and 2
(B) 3 and 4
(C) 2 and 3
(D) 1 and 4
Answer(B) 3 and 4
[UPRO/ARO (Pre) 2016]
15. Consider the following reports connected with Muslim grievances in the Congress administered provinces.
2. Shareef Report
3. Muslim sufferings under Congress rule
Select the correct chronological order of the reports from the code given below.
(A) 1, 2, 3
(B) 2, 1, 3
(C) 3, 1, 2
(D) 1, 3, 2
Answer(A) 1, 2, 3
[Gujarat PSC (Pre) 2017 UP Lower Sub. (Pre) 2013]