21. With reference to the period of extremist nationalist movement in India with its spirit of Swadeshi, which one of the following statements is not correct?
Liyakat Hussain led the Muslim peasants of Barisal in their agitations
(B) In 1889, the scheme of national education was formulated by Satish Chandra Mukherjee
(C) The Bengal National College was founded in 1906 with Aurobindo as the Principle
(D) Tagore preached the cult of Atmasakti, the main plank of which was social and economic regeneration of the villages
Answer(A) Liyakat Hussain led the Muslim peasants of Barisal in their agitations
22. Which of the statement is not correct regarding ‘Swadeshi Movement’?
Some specific Muslims were joined in it
(B) Women’s actively participated in this movement
(C) Neither this movement affected Bengal farmers and nor they were joined
(D) It was limited to Bengal
Answer(D) It was limited to Bengal
[UP Lower Sub.(Pre) 2002]
23. The British journalist H.W. Nevinson was associated with
(B) Civil Disobedience Movement
(C) Swadeshi Movement
(D) Quit India Movement
Answer(C) Swadeshi Movement
[Himachal Pradesh PSC(Pre) 2019 UPPCS(Pre) 2014]
24. Who among the following had founded the ‘Indian Society of Oriental Art’ to revive ancient art traditions of India?
(B) Nand Lal Bose
(C) Asit Kumar Haldar
(D) Amrita Shergill
Answer(A) Abanindranath Tagore
[Haryana PSC(Pre) 2019 UPPCS(Mains) 2007]
25. The following programmes were launched by the nationalist against the partition of Bengal.
4. National education
Select the correct answer
(A) 1, 2 and 3
(B) 2, 3 and 4
(C) 1, 3 and 4
(D) 1, 2 and 4
Answer(D) 1, 2 and 4
[Chhattisgarh PCS(Pre) 2014]
26. Which of the following classes was mainly unaffected of Swadeshi Movement of 1905?
Select your answer of the following codes.
(A) 1 and 2
(B) 1, 2 and 3
(C) 2 and 3
(D) 1 and 3
Answer(C) 2 and 3
[40th BPSC(Pre) 1995]