1. When did the Congress pass the proposal of independence of India for the first time?
[Tamil Nadu PSC (Pre) 2016 MPPCS (Pre) 1996]
2. The proposal of Purna-Swaraj was passed in Lahore Congress in the year.
[UP Lower Sub. (Pre) 2004, 1999 42nd BPSC (Pre) 1997 UPPCS (Pre) 1993]
3. During the Indian Freedom Struggle, who among the following proposed that Swaraj should be defined as Complete Independence free from all foreign control?
(B) Maulana Hasrat Mohani
(C) Hakim Ajmal Khan
(D) Abul Kalam Azad
Answer(B) Maulana Hasrat Mohani
[Punjab PSC (Pre) 2018 IAS (Pre) 2004]
4. Who among the following leaders proposed to adopt Complete Independence as the goal of the Congress in the Ahmedabad session of 1921?
Abul Kalam Azad
(B) Hasrat Mohani
(C) Jawaharlal Nehru
(D) Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Answer(B) Hasrat Mohani
[IAS (Pre) 2001]
5. Who among the following was the President of the Indian National Congress when the resolution of ‘Purna Swaraj’ was passed?
(B) Jawaharlal Nehru
(C) Lala Lajpat Rai
(D) Surendra Nath Banerjee
Answer(B) Jawaharlal Nehru
[IAS (Pre) 2006 UPPCS (Mains) 2006 UPPSC (Pre) 2009]
6. Who declared the aim of Congress as ‘Purna Swaraj’ in the Lahore Session of Congress 1929?
(B) Motilal Nehru
(C) Jawaharlal Nehru
(D) Subhash Chandra Bose
Answer(C) Jawaharlal Nehru
[Uttarakhand PCS (Mains) 2006]
7. Who hoisted the Indian flag at midnight of December 31, 1929?
(B) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
(C) Mahatma Gandhi
(D) Jawaharlal Nehru
Answer(D) Jawaharlal Nehru
[UP Lower Sub. (Pre) 2004]
8. When was the newly adopted tri-colour flag of freedom first hoisted?
31st December, 1928
(B) 31st December, 1929
(C) 31st December, 1930
(D) 31st December, 1931
Answer(B) 31st December, 1929
[UPRO/ARO (Pre) 2014]
9. Which one of the following sessions of Indian National Congress was presided over by Jawaharlal Nehru for the first time?
Lahore Session, 1929
(B) Calcutta Session, 1928
(C) Lucknow Session, 1936
(D) Ramgarh Session, 1940
Answer(A) Lahore Session, 1929
[UPPCS (Mains) 2013]
10. The 1929 Session of Indian National Congress is of significance in the history of the Freedom Movement because the
Attainment of Self-Government was declared as the objective of the Congress
(B) Attainment of Purna Swaraj was adopted as the goal of the Congress
(C) Non-Co-operation Movement was launched
(D) Decision to participate in the Round Table Conference in London was taken
Answer(B) Attainment of Purna Swaraj was adopted as the goal of the Congress
[IAS (Pre) 2014]
11. In which one of the following Sessions of the Indian National Congress ‘Purna Swaraj’ was declared the goal of Congress?
Answer(A) Lahore, 1929
[UPPCS (Mains) 2011, 08 UPPSC (GIC) 2010]
12. The Purna Swaraj Resolution adopted at the Lahore Session of the Indian National Congress was moved by
(B) J.L. Nehru
(C) M.K. Gandhi
(D) Sardar Patel
Answer(B) J.L. Nehru
[UPPCS (Mains) 2009]
13. Which of the following was not included in the resolutions of Lahore Session of Congress in 1929?
Declaration of India’s foreign policy
(B) Declaration of complete independence
(C) Preparing to launch Civil Disobedience Movement
(D) Abolition of untouchability
Answer(D) Abolition of untouchability
[UP UDA/LDA (Spl) (Mains) 2010]
14. The Lahore Session of the Indian National Congress (1929) is very important in history, because
The Congress passed a resolution demanding complete independence.
2. The rift between the extremists and moderates was resolved in that Session.
3. A resolution was passed rejecting the two-nation theory in that session.
Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?
(A) Only 1
(B) 2 and 3
(C) 1 and 3
(D) None of the above
Answer(A) Only 1
[IAS (Pre) 2012]