21. Who was associated with the formation of the Deccan Educational Society?
(B) Firoz Shah Mehta
(C) B.G. Tilak
(D) Dayananda Saraswati
Answer(C) B.G. Tilak
[UPPCS (Pre) 2013 UP UDA/LDA (Spl) (Pre) 2010]
22. Which of the following was established first?
Hindu College, Calcutta
(B) Delhi College
(C) Mayo College
(D) Muslim-Anglo Oriented College
Answer(A) Hindu College, Calcutta
[UPPCS (Pre) 2012]
23. In collaboration with David Hare and Alexander Duff, who of the following established Hindu College at Calcutta?
Henry Louis Vivian Derozio
(B) Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
(C) Keshab Chandra Sen
(D) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
Answer(D) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
[IAS (Pre) 2009]
24. Who one of the following had vigorously advocated for religious education in the Indian Universities?
Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(B) Swami Vivekanand
(C) Mahatma Gandhi
(D) Madan Mohan Malviya
Answer(D) Madan Mohan Malviya
[UPPCS (Mains) 2005]
25. Who was the following laid the foundation stone of Banaras Hindu University?
Madan Mohan Malviya
(B) Maharaja Vibhuti Narain Singh
(C) Lord Hardinge
(D) Annie Besant
Answer(C) Lord Hardinge
[UPPCS (Mains) 2003]
26. Which one of the following was the first to be declared as Central University?
Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
(B) Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Lucknow
(C) Banaras Hindu University of Varanasi
(D) University of Allahabad
Answer(C) Banaras Hindu University of Varanasi
[UPPCS (Mains) 2011]