1. An important aspect of the Cripps Mission of 1942 was
that all Indian States should join the Indian Union as a condition to consider any degree of autonomy for India
(B) the creation of an Indian Union with Dominion status will be soon after the Second World War
(C) the active participation and co-operation of the Indian People, communities and political parties in the British war efforts as a condition for granting Independence with full Sovereign status to India after the war
(D) the framing of a Constitution for the entire Indian Union, with no separate constitution for any province and a Union Constitution to be accepted by all provinces
Answer(B) the creation of an Indian Union with Dominion status will be soon after the Second World War
[IAS (Pre) 2003]
2. Which one of the following is not true about the Cripps Mission?
Dominion status at the end of the war
(B) Acceptance of the Constitution framed by Constituent Assembly
(C) The formation of new executive Council with equal representation for both Hindus & Muslims
(D) Any province could remain outside the Indian Union
Answer(C) The formation of new executive Council with equal representation for both Hindus & Muslims
[UPPCS (Pre) 2005]
3. In which year did the Cripps Mission come to India?
[Uttarakhand PCS (Mains) 2006]
4. The plan of Sir Stafford Cripps envisaged that after the Second World War
India should be granted complete independence
(B) India should be partitioned into two before granting independence
(C) India should be made a republic with the condition that she will join the Commonwealth
(D) India should be given Dominion status
Answer(D) India should be given Dominion status
[IAS (Pre) 2016]
5. Who viewed the Cripps proposal as a post-dated cheque upon a crashing bank?
(B) Jawaharlal Nehru
(C) J.B. Kriplani
(D) Jai Prakash Narayan
Answer(A) Mahatma Gandhi
[44th BPSC (Pre) 2000]
6. Who of the following Prime Ministers sent Cripps Mission to India?
James Ramsay MacDonald
(B) Stanley Baldwin
(C) Neville Chamberlain
(D) Winston Churchill
Answer(D) Winston Churchill
[IAS (Pre) 2009]
7. Who among the following were official Congress negotiators with Cripps Mission?
Mahatma Gandhi and Sardar Patel
(B) Acharya J.B. Kriplani and C. Rajagopalachari
(C) Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru and Maulana Azad
(D) Rajendra Prasad and Rafi Ahmad Kidwai
Answer(C) Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru and Maulana Azad
[IAS (Pre) 2010]
8. Who among the following called the Movements of Gandhiji as ‘Political Blackmail’?
(B) Lord Wavell
(C) Lord Linlithgow
(D) Lord Montague
Answer(C) Lord Linlithgow
[UPPCS (Mains) 2007]
9. Sir Stafford Cripps came to India with a draft declaration of proposals of British Government included that
India should be given a dominion status.
2. All provinces and States must be merged to make the Indian Union.
3. Any province or the State can take the decision to live outside of the Indian Union.
4. Indian Constitution must be constituted by the people of India
Choose the correct answer from the code given below.
(A) 1, 2 and 3
(B) 1, 2 and 4
(C) 2, 3 and 4
(D) All of these
Answer(D) All of these
[UP Lower Sub. (Pre) 1998]
10. Consider the following statements. The ‘Cripps’ proposals include the provision for
Full independence for India.
2. Creation of Constitution making body.
Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?
(A) Only 1
(B) Only 2
(C) Both 1 and 2
(D) Neither 1 nor 2
Answer(B) Only 2
[IAS (Pre) 2009]