1. Which one of the following places was known as ‘Shiraz of East’ during the regime of Sharqi Rulers?
[UP Lower Sub. (Pre) 2004 UPPCS (Pre) 2001]
2. Who was the last ruler of ‘Jaunpur’ state?
(B) Hussain Shah
(C) Mubarak Shah
(D) Ibrahim Shah
Answer(B) Hussain Shah
[Karnataka PSC (Pre) 2018 UPPCS (Pre) 2017]
3. The city of Jaunpur was founded in the memory of
(C) Firuz Shah Tughluq
[UPPCS (Mains) 2004 UPPCS (Pre) 2003 UP UDA/LDA (Pre) 2002]
4. Who had established Jaunpur?
(B) Firuz Shah Tughluq
(C) Ibrahim Shah Sharqi
(D) Sikandar Lodi
Answer(B) Firuz Shah Tughluq
[UP UDA/LDA (Pre) 2006]
5. Who were Polygars of South India?
(C) Territorial Administrative and Military Governors
(D) Newly enriched traders
Answer(C) Territorial Administrative and Military Governors
[Tamil Nadu PSC (Pre) 2017 UPPCS (Re. Exam) (Pre) 2015]
6. Ruler of Kashmir who was also known as ‘Akbar of Kashmir’ was
(B) Sikandar Butshikan
(C) Haidar Shah
[RAS/RTS (Pre) 1993]
7. Which among of the following ruler abolished Jizya first time?
(C) Hussain Shah Sharqi
[Uttarakhand UDA/LDA (Mains) 2006]
8. Who amongst the following scholars was not in the Court of Kumbha?
Muni Sunder Suri
(C) Tilla Bhatt
(D) Muni Jin Vijay Suri
Answer(D) Muni Jin Vijay Suri
[RAS/RTS (Pre) 2016]
9. Bahmani State was established by
(B) Ali Abid Shah
(C) Hussain Nizam Shah
(D) Mujahid Shah
Answer(A) Alauddin Hasan
[Uttarakhand PCS (Pre) 2002]
10. The Bahmani Kingdom was founded in the year
[UPPCS (Mains) 2005]
11. Which of the following was the first capital of the Bahmani Kingdom?
[Chhattisgarh PCS (Pre) 2014]
12. Who among the following was founder of the Bahmani Kingdom in Deccan?
(B) Hasan Gangu
(C) Muhammad Diwan
(D) Sikandar Shah
Answer(B) Hasan Gangu
[UPPCS (Pre) 1995]
13. Bahmani Kingdom was founded in
15th century A.D.
(B) 14th century A.D.
(C) 13th century A.D.
(D) 16th century A.D.
Answer(B) 14th century A.D.
[Kerala PSC (Pre) 2017 UPPCS (Pre) 2016]
14. Who was the founder of Bahmani Kingdom?
(B) Firoz Shah
(C) Mahmud Gaonwa
(D) Asaf Khan
Answer(A) Alauddin Hasan
[60th to 62nd BPSC (Pre) 2016]
15. Which one of the following Muslim rulers was hailed as the ‘Jagadguru’ by his Muslim subject because of his belief in secularism?
(C) Ibrahim Adil Shah
(D) Mahmud II
Answer(C) Ibrahim Adil Shah
[IAS (Pre) 2000]
16. How did the dynasty of Nizam Shahi of Ahmednagar come to an end?
Ahmednagar was annexed to Mughal empire and Hussain Shah was consigned to life imprisonment
(B) Mughal troops destroyed Daulatabad fort and killed Nizam-ul-Mulk of Ahmednagar
(C) Fateh Khan usurped the throne from Nizam-ul-Mulk
(D) Malik Ambar was defeated in a battle with Mughals in 1631 and the entire royal family was killed by the Mughal troops
Answer(A) Ahmednagar was annexed to Mughal empire and Hussain Shah was consigned to life imprisonment
[IAS (Pre) 2004]
17. Name the pair which is not correctly matched.
Baz Bahadur – Malwa
(B) Qutub Shah – Golconda
(C) Sultan Muzaffar Shah – Gujarat
(D) Yusuf Adil Shah – Ahmednagar
Answer(D) Yusuf Adil Shah – Ahmednagar
[UPPCS (Pre) 2004]
18. What is Golconda called at present?
[MPPCS (Pre) 1990]
19. Which one of the following is correctly matched?
Kakatiya : Devgiri
(B) Hoysala : Dwarasamudra
(C) Yadava : Warangal
(D) Pandya : Madurai
Answer(B) Hoysala : Dwarasamudra
[UP Lower Sub (Pre) 2008 UPPCS (Mains) 2003]
20. ‘Dwarasamudra’ was the capital of which dynastic power?
[UPRO/ARO (Pre) 2014]