21. Who defeated Muhammad Ghori for the first time?
(B) Prithviraj Chauhan
[UPPCS (Pre) 1990]
22. In which battle Muhammad Ghori defeated Jaichand?
Battle of Tarain(1191 A.D.)
(B) Battle of Tarain(1192 A.D.)
(C) Battle of Chandawar(1194 A.D.)
(D) Battle of Kannauj(1194 A.D.)
Answer(C) Battle of Chandawar(1194 A.D.)
[UPPCS (Pre) 2008]
23. Which one of the following kings was defeated by Muhammad Ghori in the battle of Chandawar?
[Tamil Nadu PSC (Pre) 2018 UPRO/ARO (Pre) 2016]
24. Whom had Muhammad Ghori defeated in 1194 in the Battle of Chandawar?
[MPPCS (Pre) 2017]
25. Battle that laid the foundation of Muslim domination in India was
First Battle of Tarain
(B) Second Battle of Tarain
(C) First Battle of Panipat
(D) Second Battle of Panipat
Answer(B) Second Battle of Tarain
[UPPCS (Pre) 1995]
26. Coins of which Muslim ruler bear an image of Devi Lakshmi?
(B) Allauddin Khalji
(D) None of the above
Answer(A) Muhammad Ghori
[Uttarakhand PCS (Pre) 2006]
27. Muhammad Ghori granted first Aqta in India to
(B) Qutbuddin Aibak
(C) Shamsuddin Iltutmish
(D) Nazir-ud-din Qubacha
Answer(B) Qutbuddin Aibak
[39th BPSC (Pre) 1994]
28. Which slave of Muhammad Ghori conquered Bengal and Bihar?
(C) Bakhtiyar Khalji
Answer(C) Bakhtiyar Khalji
[UPPCS (Pre) 1991]
29. Select the correct answer from the given code.
Mohd. Ghazni invaded India seventeen times.
Reason(R): He wanted to establish permanent Muslim Empire in India.
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of (A)
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false
(D) (A) is false, but (R) is true
Answer(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false
[UP Lower Sub. (Spl) (Pre) 2004]
30. Arrange the following names chronologically and select correct answer from the code given below.
2. Mahmud Ghaznavi
3. Muhammad Ghori
(A) 1, 2, 3, 4
(B) 2, 3, 1, 4
(C) 3, 4, 1, 2
(D) 4, 1, 2, 3
Answer(B) 2, 3, 1, 4
[UPPCS (Spl) (Mains) 2008]