1. The Battle of Haldighati was fought in
(B) 1576 A.D.
(C) 1756 B.C.
(D) 1576 B.C.
Answer(B) 1576 A.D.
[Uttarakhand PCS (Pre) 2010]
2. Who was the commander of Rana Pratap’s army in the Battle of Haldighati?
(B) Man Singh
(C) Hakim Khan
(D) Shakti Singh
Answer(C) Hakim Khan
[56th to 59th BPSC (Pre) 2015]
3. In which of the following place Akbar was enthroned on getting the information of Humayun’s death?
[Chhattisgarh PCS (Pre) 2015]
4. The main aim of Akbar in fighting the Battle of Hadighati was
To subdue Rana Pratap
(B) To polarise Rajputs
(C) To satisfy sentiments of Man Singh
(D) Imperial policy
Answer(A) To subdue Rana Pratap
[RAS/RTS (Pre) 1992]
5. The first matrimonial alliance with the Rajputs was established by Akbar with the house of
[UPPCS (Pre) 2004]
6. Which amongst the following families was the first to have a matrimonial alliance with Akbar?
[UPRO/ARO (Pre) 2016]
7. The Mausoleum(Dargah) of which Chishti Saint was visited by Akbar?
(B) Shaikh Nasimuddin Chirag Dehalvi
(C) Qutbuddin Bakhtiyar Kaki
(D) Shaikh Farid Sanj-ai-Shakar
Answer(A) Muinuddin Chishti
[UPPCS (Mains) 2012]
8. Who among the following was personally killed by Akbar?
(B) Bairam Khan
(C) Baz Bahadur
(D) Pir Muhammad Khan
Answer(A) Adham Khan
[UPPCS (Mains) 2010]
9. Which of the following Rajputana state did not accept the supremacy of Akbar willingly?
[UP Lower Sub. (Pre) 2004]
10. Which Rajput ruler continued his struggle for independence against Mughals and did not surrender?
Raja Rai Singh of Bikaner
(B) Rao Chandrasen of Marwar
(C) Raja Bharmal of Amber
(D) Maharana Amar Singh of Mewar
Answer(B) Rao Chandrasen of Marwar
[RAS/RTS (Pre) 2012]
11. Durgawati, who fought against Akbar, was the queen of
[MPPCS (Pre) 2010]
12. Abul Fazl’s death was caused by
(B) Abdur Rahim Khan-i-Khanan
(C) Prince Murad
(D) Prince Daniyal
Answer(A) Prince Salim
[Jharkhand PCS (Pre) 2013]
13. Which one of the following factors is not conducive in establishing Akbar as a nationalist?
Akbar had forsaken Islam
(B) Administrative unity and unity in Law
(C) Akbar’s effort at cultural unity
(D) Akbar’s religious policy
Answer(A) Akbar had forsaken Islam
[RAS/RTS (Pre) 1994]
14. Who of the following Muslim rulers abolished the pilgrimage tax?
(B) Sher Shah
[53rd to 55th BPSC (Pre) 2011]
15. Who among the following emperors may be called ‘an enlightened despot’?
[UPPCS (Mains) 2009]
16. Who among the following had ordered that a man should marry only one wife and could marry another only when the first wife was barren?
(B) Sher Shah
(D) None of the above
[UPPCS (Mains) 2002]
17. The head of the military department under the recognised central machinery of administration during Akbar’s reign was
(B) Mir Bakshi
(C) Mir Saman
Answer(B) Mir Bakshi
[IAS (Pre) 1997]
18. Military system in reign of Akbar was based on
[UPPCS (Pre) 1992]
19. The first person to be given proper status of the Diwan by Akbar was
(B) Munim Khan
(C) Muzaffar Khan Turbati
(D) Raja Todarmal
Answer(C) Muzaffar Khan Turbati
[UP Lower Sub. (Spl) (Pre) 2002, 2003]
20. The Mansabdari System introduced by Akbar was borrowed from the system followed in
[IAS (Pre) 1994]