21. The full name of Sultan of Delhi Balban was
[Chhattisgarh PCS (Pre) 2004]
22. Which Sultan of Delhi is said to have followed the policy of ‘blood and iron’?
(C) Jalaluddin Firuz Khalji
(D) Firuz Shah Tughluq
[UPPCS (Mains) 2009]
23. After consolidating his power, Balban assumed the grand title of
[Kerala PSC (Pre) 2018]
24. Who among the following introduced the famous Persian festival ‘Navroz’ in India?
(C) Firuj Tughluq
(D) Alauddin Khalji
[IAS (Pre) 1993]
25. Which one of the following statements is not true about Balban?
He propounded the theory of Niyabat-e-Khudai
(B) He introduced the Iqtadari System
(C) He eliminated the power of Turkan-e-Chahalgani
(D) He quelled down the revolt of Bengal
Answer(B) He introduced the Iqtadari System
[Chhattisgarh PCS (Pre) 2008]
26. Which of the following Sultans has called himself the ‘Helper of a Caliph’ in his inscription on the walls of the Mosque at Garhmukteshwar?
(C) Jalaluddin Khalji
(D) None of the above
[UPRO/ARO (Mains) 2014]
27. Given below are two statements, one labelled as Assertion (A) and the other as Reason (R).
Balban made his government firm stable and centralised all authority in his hands.
Reason(R): He wanted to protect North-West frontier against Mongol invasions.
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of (A)
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false
(D) (A) is false, but (R) is true
Answer(B) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
[UPPCS (Mains) 2013]