1. The common belief of life of both Buddha and Mirabai was
(B) Austerity of Nirvana
(C) The world is full of sorrow
(D) Speak of truth
Answer(C) The world is full of sorrow
[RAS/RTS (Pre) 1992]
2. ‘Let no man ask a man’s sect or caste’ whose dictum was this?
[UPPCS (Pre) 2009]
3. The Bhakti movement was started by
(B) Sufi Saints
Answer(A) Alwar Saints
[UP UDA/LDA (Pre) 2001]
4. The Bhakti culture reborn in India during
(B) 10th century A.D.
(C) 12th century A.D.
(D) 15th-16th century A.D.
Answer(D) 15th-16th century A.D.
[UPPCS (Pre) 1993]
5. A common feature to all Bhakti Saints was that they
Composed their verses in the language understood by their followers
(B) Rejected the authority of the priestly class
(C) Encouraged women to go to the temples
(D) Encouraged idol worship
Answer(A) Composed their verses in the language understood by their followers
[47th BPSC (Pre) 2005]
6. Vaishnavism in Kamarupa was popularised by
[UPPCS (Mains) 2002]
7. Who among the following introduced Vaishnavism in Assam and Cooch Behar?
[UPPCS (Mains) 2011]
8. Famous medieval saint Shankaradeva belonged to
(B) Vaishnava Cult
(C) Advaita Cult
(D) Dvaita-Advaita Cult
Answer(B) Vaishnava Cult
[UPPCS (Pre) 2015]
9. Ramanujacharya is related to
[UPPCS (Pre) 1991]
10. ‘Shuddha Advaitvad’ was propounded by
[UP UDA/LDA (Pre) 2002]
11. Where is the birthplace of ‘Mahaprabhu Vallabhacharya’?
[Chhattisgarh PCS (Pre) 2015]
12. Which one of the following is correctly matched?
Advaitvad – Ramanujan
(B) Vishistadvaitvad – Shankaracharya
(C) Dvaitvad – Madhvacharya
(D) Dvaitadvaitvad – Vallabhacharya
Answer(C) Dvaitvad – Madhvacharya
[UPPCS (Mains) 2005]
13. Who among the following was the first Bhakti Saint to use Hindi for the propagation of his message?
[IAS (Pre) 2002]
14. Kabir was disciple of
[UP Lower Sub. (Pre) 2002]
15. Who among the following are Saints of the medieval Age India?
[UPPCS (Mains) 2010]
16. Who composed ‘Bijak’?
[MPPCS (Pre) 2000]
17. A collection of dialogues between Kabir and Dharamdas is titled
[UPPCS (Pre) 2003 UP UDA/LDA (Pre) 2002]
18. Malukdas was a saint poet of
[Telangana PSC (Pre) 2018 UPPCS (Spl) (Mains) 2008]
19. What was the name of Saint Ghasidas’s father?
[Tamil Nadu PSC (Pre) 2018 Chhattisgarh PCS (Pre) 2005]
20. Which one of the following sequences indicates the correct chronological order?
Shankaracharya – Ramanuja – Chaitanya
(B) Ramanuja – Shankaracharya – Chaitanya
(C) Ramanuja – Chaitanya – Shankaracharya
(D) Shankaracharya – Chaitanya – Ramanuja
Answer(A) Shankaracharya – Ramanuja – Chaitanya
[Jharkhand PCS (Pre) 2011 IAS (Pre) 2004]