21. ‘Bhimbetka’ is famous for
(B) Buddhist Statues
(D) Origin of Son River
Answer(A) Rock Paintings
[MPPCS (Spl) (Pre) 2004]
22. In India, from which rock-shelter, pictures has been found the most?
[UPPCS (Pre) 2008]
23. Which one of the following places is famous for pre-historic paintings?
[UPPCS (Mains) 2011 Uttarakhand UDA/LDA (Mains) 2007]
24. Where are the caves of Bhimbetka situated?
[MPPCS (Pre) 2013]
25. The Ochre-coloured Pottery (O.C.P.) was christened at
(D) Red Fort
[UPPCS (Mains) 2006]
26. In the Chalcolithic period people of Maharashtra buried their dead under the floor of their houses in the following orientation
North to South position
(B) East to West position
(C) South to North position
(D) West to East position
Answer(A) North to South position
[UPPCS (Pre) 1997]
27. Which of the following sites has yielded skeleton of the dog along with human skeleton in burial?
[UP Lower Sub. (Pre) 2008]
28. The evidence of burying the dog with human body is found from which of the following places?
[Uttarakhand PCS (Pre) 2010]
29. The evidence of pit dwelling has been obtained from
[UPPCS (Mains) 2011]
30. From which rock shelter of Vindhyas, a maximum number of human skeletons have been found?
(C) Baghahi Khor
[UPPCS (Pre) 2016]
31. Which of these departments/ministries deals with Archaeological Survey of India as an accessory office?
(C) Science and Technology
(D) Human Resource and Development
[Jharkhand PCS (Pre) 2011]
32. Where is the National Human Museum situated?
[MPPCS (Pre) 1997]