21. Who among the following was born in a military camp in the course of his father’s campaign?
(B) Bhoja Parmara
(D) Nagabhatta-II Pratihara
Answer(A) Amoghavarsha Rashtrakuta
[UPPCS (Mains) 2013]
22. The greatest Pratihara King was
(C) Mihir Bhoj
Answer(C) Mihir Bhoj
[UPPSC (GIC) 2010]
23. The great Jain Scholar Hemchandra adorned the court of
(C) Jaysimha Siddharaja
Answer(B) Mihir Bhoj
[Tamil Nadu PSC (Pre) 2019 UPPCS (Pre) 2010]
24. Who among the following is credited with initiating a new Samvat?
[UPPCS (Pre) 1999]
25. The Luxman Era was started by which of the following dynasty?
[UPPCS (Mains) 2005]
26. The great Sanskrit poet and dramatist, Rajshekhara was in the court of
[Tripura PSC (Pre) 2017 RAS/RTS (Pre) 2013]
27. Which one of the following was a very important seaport in the Kakatiya Kingdom?
(C) Machilipatnam (Masulipatnam)
[IAS (Pre) 2017]
28. The Gurjar-Pratiharas dynasty was founded by
(D) Mihir Bhoj
Answer(A) Nagabhatta I
[UPPCS (Pre) 2003 UP UDA/LDA (Pre) 2002]
29. Who among the following was not a part of tripartite struggle?
[UPPCS (Pre) 2015]
30. Mahodaya is an old name of
[Punjab PSC (Pre) 2019 UPPCS (Mains) 2012]
31. Which of the following was known as ‘Nagar Mahoday Shri’?
[UP Lower Sub. (Mains) 2015]
32. Who among the following granted financial aid for the restoration of a demolished mosque in Khambhat?
(B) Jayasimha Siddharaja
Answer(B) Jayasimha Siddharaja
[UPPCS (Pre) 1999 RAS/RTS (Pre) 1999]
33. Who was the founder of Parmar Dynasty?
(C) Kanak Rao
(D) Jagar Pal
[Uttarakhand PCS (Pre) 2016]
34. King Bhoj ruled over
[MPPCS (Pre) 2010]
35. Who amongst the following wrote a book on artificial scientific equipments?
[UP UDA/LDA (Pre) 2013]
36. The presiding deity of Bhojshala Temple is
(B) Goddess Parvati
(C) Goddess Lakshmi
(D) Goddess Saraswati
Answer(D) Goddess Saraswati
[Kerala PSC (Pre) 2019 UP UDA/LDA (Pre) 2001]
37. Who among the following was not a king of the Parmar dynasty?
[MPPCS (Pre) 2017]
38. The author of Gaudavaho was
[UPPSC (RI) 2014]
39. With reference to the economic history of medieval India, the term ‘Araghatta’ refers to
(B) Land grants made to military officers
(C) Waterwheel used for the irrigation of land
(D) Wasteland converted to cultivated land
Answer(C) Waterwheel used for the irrigation of land
[IAS (Pre) 2016]
40. Match List-I (Dynasty) with List-II (Capital) on the basis of code.
|List-I (Dynasty)||List-II (Capital)|
|(a) Pratihara||1. Tanjore|
|(b) Chola||2. Anhilwada|
|(c) Parmara||3. Dhara|
|(d) Solanki||4. Kannauj|
(a) – 4, (b) – 2, (c) – 3, (d) – 1
(B) (a) – 4, (b) – 3, (c) – 2, (d) – 1
(C) (a) – 4, (b) – 2, (c) – 1, (d) – 3
(D) (a) – 4, (b) – 1, (c) – 3, (d) – 2
Answer(D) (a) – 4, (b) – 1, (c) – 3, (d) – 2
[Chhattisgarh PCS (Pre) 2008]