21. Who of the following did not adorn the court of Kanishka-I?
[UPPCS (Mains) 2005]
22. Which of the following cities is not mentioned in the Rabatak inscription of Kanishka?
[UP RO/ARO (Mains) 2014]
23. Who among the following Ayurvedacharyas was educated at Taxila University?
(D) Both(B) and(C)
Answer(D) Both(B) and(C)
[UP Lower Sub. (Pre) 2015]
24. Which dynasty ruled over India after Shunga dynasty?
[45th BPSC (Pre) 2001]
25. Who among the following rulers is stated as protector of ?Varna System??
(C) Gautamiputra Satkarni
Answer(C) Gautamiputra Satkarni
[Haryana PSC (Pre) 2019 Chhattisgarh PCS (Pre) 2013]
26. Which dynasty was most powerful after Maurya in Southern India?
[UPPCS (Pre) 1993]
27. Simuka was the founder of which of the following dynasties?
[UPPCS (Spl) (Mains) 2008]
28. Which Chinese general had defeated Kanishka?
(B) Ban Yong
(C) She Huang Ti
Answer(A) Pan Chao
[Jharkhand PCS (Pre) 2003]
29. Which of following dynasty empire was expanded even outside of India?
(B) Maurya dynasty
(C) Kushan dynasty
(D) None of the above
Answer(C) Kushan dynasty
[Uttarakhand UDA/LDA (Mains) 2006]
30. The institution of child marriage started in which period?
(B) Kushan period
(C) Gupta period
(D) In the time of Harshavardhan
Answer(B) Kushan period
[RAS/RTS (Pre) (Re. Exam) 2000]
31. Which one of the following pairs is correctly matched?
Harappan Civilisation – Painted Grey Ware
(B) The Kushans – Gandhara School of Art
(C) The Mughals – Ajanta Paintings
(D) The Marathas – Pahari School of Painting
Answer(B) The Kushans – Gandhara School of Art
[IAS (Pre) 2001 Chhattisgarh PCS (Pre) 2008]
32. Art of Gandhara style flourished during the reign of
[38th BPSC (Pre) 1992]
33. Which one of the following is not correctly matched?
List-I (Dynasties) – List-II (Metals of coin)
(A) Kushanas – Gold and Copper
(B) Gupta – Gold and Silver
(C) Satavahanas – Gold
(D) Kalachuris – Gold, Silver and Copper
Answer(C) Satavahanas – Gold
[UPRO/ARO (Pre) 2016]
34. Bamiyan of Afghanistan was famous for
(B) Work of elephant teeth
(C) Gold coin of coinage
(D) Buddha statue
Answer(D) Buddha statue
[UPPCS (Spl) (Mains) 2008]
35. The art style which combines Indian and Greek feature is called
[RAS/RTS (Pre) 1993, 2008]
36. The Gandhara School of art is the synthesis of
Indian and Persian Art
(B) Indian and Chinese Art
(C) Indian and Turk-Afghan Art
(D) Indian and Greek Art
Answer(D) Indian and Greek Art
[UPPCS (Pre) 1996]
37. Which one of the following sculptures invariably used green schist as the medium?
(B) Mathura sculptures
(C) Bharhut sculptures
(D) Gandhara sculptures
Answer(D) Gandhara sculptures
[IAS (Pre) 1996]
38. With reference to the invaders in ancient India, which one of the following is the correct chronological order?
Greeks – Sakas – Kushanas
(B) Greeks – Kushanas – Sakas
(C) Sakas – Greeks – Kushanas
(D) Sakas – Kushanas – Greeks
Answer(A) Greeks – Sakas – Kushanas
[IAS (Pre) 2006]
39. First Persian ruler who captured some part of India was
[RAS/RTS (Pre) 1994]
40. Which among the following was the earliest dynasty?
[UP UDA/LDA (Pre) 2001]