1. The earliest specimen of ‘Kavya’ style is found in the inscription of
Rudradaman of Kathiawar
(C) Rajendra I
(D) None of the above
Answer(A) Rudradaman of Kathiawar
2. Which inscription tells about the various achievements of Rudradaman-I?
[53rd to 55th BPSC (Pre) 2011]
3. Which one of the following IndoGreek rulers issued lead coins?
[UPPSC (RI) 2014]
4. Who among the following was not a contemporary of the other three?
(B) Gautama Buddha
[IAS (Pre) 2005]
5. Who renovated Sudarshan lake without using forced labour?
[UPPCS (Pre) 2014]
6. The largest number of copper coins in Northern and North-Western India were issued by
[Punjab PSC (Pre) 2019 UPPCS (Pre) 2005]
7. Who amongst following issued gold coins regularly in ancient India?
[UP Lower Sub. (Pre) 2004]
8. Buddha is depicted on the coins of
[UPPCS (Pre) 2010]
9. Which of the following Kings is credited to have issued gold coins for the first time?
(B) Vima Kadphises
Answer(B) Vima Kadphises
[UPPCS (Mains) 2009]
10. Who among the following introduced gold coins for regular use in India?
(B) Kujul Kadphises
Answer(A) Vima Kadphises
[UPPCS (Pre) 2015]
11. Which God is found depicted on Yaudheya coins?
[UPPCS (Spl) (Mains) 2008]
12. What is the date of Sarnath Buddhist image inscription of Kanishka?
(B) 81 A.D.
(C) 98 A.D.
(D) 121 A.D.
Answer(B) 81 A.D.
[UPPCS (Pre) 2014]
13. In which year, the coronation of Kushan King Kanishka was held?
(B) 101 A.D.
(C) 58 B.C.
(D) 78 A.D.
Answer(D) 78 A.D.
[UPPCS (Pre) 1991]
14. When was Saka Samvat initiated?
(B) 78 A.D.
(C) 320 A.D.
(D) 606 A.D.
Answer(B) 78 A.D.
[UPRO/ARO (Mains) 2013 UPPCS (Pre) 1990]
15. How much is the year difference between the Saka Samvat and Vikram Samvat?
(B) 78 years
(C) 135 years
(D) 320 years
Answer(C) 135 years
[UP UDA/LDA (Pre) 2006]
16. Chaitra 1 of the national calendar based on the Saka Era corresponds to which one of the following dates of the Gregorian calendar in a normal year of 365 days?
22nd March(or 21st March)
(B) 15th March(or 16th May)
(C) 31st March(or 30th March)
(D) 21st April(or 20th April)
Answer(A) 22nd March(or 21st March)
[IAS (Pre) 2014]
17. When was Vikram Samvat started?
(B) 57 B.C.
(C) 72 B.C.
(D) 56 B.C.
Answer(B) 57 B.C.
[UPPCS (Pre) 1992]
18. Which one of the following will be the year of Saka Samvat in December, 2009?
[UPPCS (Mains) 2007]
19. Ashvaghosha was contemporary of
[Uttarakhand PCS (Pre) 2010 UPPCS (Mains) 2008]
20. Which one of the following is not associated with the Court of Kanishka?
[UP Lower Sub. (Spl) (Pre) 2008]