21. That Gujarat was included in the Kingdom of Chandragupta Maurya is proved by
(B) Junagarh Rock Inscription of Rudradaman
(C) Jain tradition
(D) Pillar Edict II of Ashoka
Answer(B) Junagarh Rock Inscription of Rudradaman
[UP UDA/LDA (Mains) 2010]
22. Which Indian King defeated Seleucus, the administrator of Sindh and Afghanistan appointed by Alexander?
[MPPCS (Pre) 2008]
23. In which year Chandragupta Maurya had defeated Seleucus?
(B) 315 B.C.
(C) 305 B.C.
(D) 300 B.C.
Answer(C) 305 B.C.
[UPRO/ARO (Mains) 2014]
24. The given map relates to
Kanishka at the time of his death
(B) Samudragupta after the close of his South Indian campaign
(C) Ashoka towards the close of his reign
(D) Empire of Thaneswar on the eve of Harsha’s accession
Answer(C) Ashoka towards the close of his reign
[IAS (Pre) 1998]
25. Who established ‘Rajdharma’ on triplex bases of longanimity, liberty and compassion?
(C) Ranjit Singh
[UPPCS (Pre) 1993]
26. Which one territory of the following was not a part of Ashoka’s empire?
(C) Sri Lanka
Answer(C) Sri Lanka
[42nd BPSC (Pre) 1997]
27. In which of the following inscriptions of Ashoka, mention has been made of South Indian kingdoms?
Third Major Rock Edict
(B) Second Major Rock Edict
(C) Ninth Major Rock Edict
(D) First Pillar Inscription
Answer(B) Second Major Rock Edict
[UPPCS (Mains) 2016]
28. India’s first hospital and herbal gardens were built by
(B) Chandragupta Maurya
(C) Lord Mahavir
[UP Lower Sub. (Mains) 2015]
29. ‘Inspite of being Buddhist, Ashoka did not leave belief in Hinduism’ validation of this fact is
(B) Belief in Moksha
(C) Epithet of ‘Devanampriya’
(D) Establishment of veterinary hospitals
Answer(C) Epithet of ‘Devanampriya’
[RAS/RTS (Pre) 1999]
30. A Buddhist Council during the reign of Ashoka was held at
[45th BPSC (Pre) 2001]
31. Rajjuka’s were
Traders in the Chola Kingdom
(B) Officers in the Mauryan administration
(C) Feudal Lords in the Gupta empire
(D) Soldiers in the Saka army
Answer(B) Officers in the Mauryan administration
[UPPCS (Pre) 1996]
32. What were ‘Sarthwah’?
(B) Convoy of Merchants
(C) Money lender
Answer(B) Convoy of Merchants
[UPPCS (Spl) (Mains) 2008]
33. Which one of the following officials was not a part of the Mauryan administration?
[RAS/RTS (Re. Exam) (Pre) 2013]
34. Sarnath Pillar was built by
(C) Gautam Buddha
[UP Lower Sub. (Spl) (Pre) 2008]
35. Which one of the following is considered the best Stupa?
[UPPCS (Mains) 2008]
36. Who of the following ruler constructed the ‘Sanchi Stupa’?
[UPPCS (Pre) 1991]
37. Who constructed the ‘Sanchi Stupa’?
(C) Gautam Buddha
[MPPCS (Pre) 1995, 2006, 12]
38. Language used in the inscription of Ashoka is
[44th BPSC (Pre) 2000]
39. Which one of the following Ashokan inscription is in ‘Kharosthi’ script?
[Chhattisgarh PCS (Pre) 2011]
40. The earliest inscription on stone was in which language?
[UPPCS (Pre) 2009]