1. Chandragupta Maurya figures prominently in the book of
[46th BPSC (Pre) 2004]
2. Who recognised Sandrokottos as Chandra Gupta Maurya?
(B) V. Smith
(C) R. K. Mukherjee
(D) D. R. Bhandharkar
Answer(A) William Jones
[48th to 52nd BPSC (Pre) 2008]
3. First Indian Empire was established by
(C) Chandra Gupta Maurya
Answer(C) Chandra Gupta Maurya
[UP Lower Sub. (Pre) 2002]
4. Which among the following is India’s oldest dynasty?
[Uttarakhand Lower Sub. (Pre) 2010]
5. Who of the following mentions about the meeting of Sandrokottos (Chandragupta Maurya) with Alexander, the Great?
[UP Lower Sub. (Pre) 2008]
6. Who was called as ‘Sandrocottos’ by Justin, the Greek Writer?
(B) Chandragupta I
(C) Chandragupta II
Answer(A) Chandragupta Maurya
[Uttarakhand PCS (Pre) 2016]
7. Kautilya was prime minister of
(C) Chandragupta Maurya
(D) King Janak
Answer(C) Chandragupta Maurya
[UPPCS (Pre) 2002 UP Lower Sub. (Spl) (Pre) 2002]
8. By which name was Chanakya known in his childhood?
[UPPCS (Pre) 2006]
9. Another name of Chanakya was
[IAS (Pre) 1993]
10. The Arthashastra of Kautilya is a
Play about Chandragupta Maurya
(C) History of Chandragupta Maurya
(D) Book on Principles of Government
Answer(D) Book on Principles of Government
[UPPCS (Mains) 2012]
11. Which one of the following is the seventh part of the State according to Saptang Theory of State?
[UPPCS (Re. Exam) (Pre) 2015]
12. Kautilya’s Arthashastra deals with the aspects of
(B) Political policies
(C) Religious life
(D) Social life
Answer(B) Political policies
[45th BPSC (Pre) 2001]
13. Which of the following can be compared to ‘Prince’ of Machiavelli?
Kalidasa’s ‘Malvikagni Mitram’
(B) Kautilya’s ‘Arthashastra’
(C) Vatsyanana’s ‘Kamasutra’
(D) Thiruvalluvar’s ‘Thirukkural’
Answer(B) Kautilya’s ‘Arthashastra’
[UPPCS (Pre) 1994]
14. Deimachus came to India during the reign of
[UP Lower Sub. (Pre) 2015]
15. Chandragupta’s palace situated at Pataliputra is mainly made up of
[41st BPSC (Pre) 1996]
16. The remains of which ancient city have been found at the Kumrahar site?
[UPPCS (Mains) 2011]
17. Bulandibagh was ancient site of
[UPPCS (Spl) (Mains) 2008]
18. Who amongst the following Mauryan rulers did conquer the Deccan?
[46th BPSC (Pre) 2004]
19. Who was the first king to conquer Malwa, Gujarat and Maharashtra?
(D) Chandragupta Maurya
Answer(D) Chandragupta Maurya
[UPPCS (Pre) 1991]
20. The Inscription which proves Chandragupta’s way over Western India is
Kalinga Rock Inscription
(B) Girnar Rock Inscription of Ashoka
(C) Junagarh Rock Inscription of Rudradaman
(D) Sopara Rock Inscription of Ashoka
Answer(C) Junagarh Rock Inscription of Rudradaman
[UPPCS (Pre) 1996 39th BPSC (Pre) 1994]