41. The Gupta Empire granted taxfree agrarian land to which of the following?
(B) Civil officials
(D) Courts scholars
[MPPCS (Pre) 2014]
42. Which type of land was called ‘Aprahat’?
Without cultivated forest land
(B) Irrigated land
(C) Dense forest land
(D) Cultivated land
Answer(A) Without cultivated forest land
[60th to 62nd BPSC (Pre) 2016]
43. In ancient India, the irrigation tax was called
[UPPCS (Mains) 2009]
44. In 3rd A.D., Warangal was famous for
(B) Gold Jewelleries
(C) Iron implements
(D) Elephant-teeth work
Answer(C) Iron implements
[Telangana PSC (Pre) 2019 UP UDA/LDA (Pre) 2001]
45. Tormad was from the racial group of
[IAS (Pre) 1995]
46. Who amongst the following had defeated Huna ruler Mihirakula?
[UPPCS (Pre) 2016]
47. Chinese traveller ‘Sungyun’ was came in India in
515 A.D. to 520 A.D.
(B) 525 A.D. to 529 A.D.
(C) 545 A.D. to 552 A.D.
(D) 592 A.D. to 597 A.D.
Answer(A) 515 A.D. to 520 A.D.
[60th to 62nd BPSC (Pre) 2016]
48. The ancient Indian play Mudrarakshasa of Visakhadutt has its subject on
A conflict between Gods and Demons of ancient Hindu lore
(B) A romantic story of an Aryan prince and a tribal woman
(C) The story of the power struggle between two Aryan tribes
(D) The court intrigues at the time of Chandragupta Maurya
Answer(D) The court intrigues at the time of Chandragupta Maurya
[Kerala PSC (Pre) 2018 IAS (Pre) 2002]
49. Read the following statements carefully
Gupta Emperors claimed divine rights for themselves
2. Their administration was highly centralised
3. They extended the tradition of land grants
Answer on the basis of following code.
(A) 1, 2 and 3 are true
(B) 1 and 2 are true
(C) 1 and 3 are true
(D) 2 and 3 are true
Answer(C) 1 and 3 are true
[Tripura PSC (Pre) 2019 Chhattisgarh PCS (Pre) 2008]
50. The game of ‘Chess’ is said to have originated in
[UP Lower Sub. (Spl) (Pre) 2004]
51. ‘Mrichchhakatika’ an ancient Indian book written by Shudraka deals with
The love affair of a rich merchant with the daughter of a courtesan
(B) The victory of Chandragupta II over the Shaka Kshatrapas of Western India
(C) The military expeditions and exploits of Samudragupta
(D) The love affairs between a Gupta King and a Princess of Kamarupa
Answer(A) The love affair of a rich merchant with the daughter of a courtesan
[IAS (Pre) 2003]
52. Whose contribution is there in ancient Sankhya Darshan?
[MPPCS (Pre) 1997]
53. The system of philosophy propounded by Kapila Muni is
(B) Sankhya Philosophy
(C) Nyaya Philosophy
(D) Uttar Mimansa
Answer(B) Sankhya Philosophy
[UPPCS (Pre) 1998]
54. ‘Sankhya’ Philosophy is propounded by
[UPPCS (Mains) 2010]
55. With reference to the history of philosophical thought in India, consider the following statements regarding Samkhya School.
Samkhya does not accept the theory of rebirth or transmigration of the soul.
2. Samkhya holds that it is the self-knowledge that leads to liberation and not any exterior influence or agent.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(A) Only 1
(B) Only 2
(C) Both 1 and 2
(D) Neither 1 nor 2
Answer(B) Only 2
[IAS (Pre) 2013]
56. Who propagated ‘Yoga Darshan’?
[UPPCS (Pre) 1997, 2007 UP Lower Sub. (Spl) (Pre) 2002, 2003]
57. The inventor of Yoga was
[Uttarakhand UDA/LDA (Pre) 2007]
58. Which one of the following is not part of ‘Ashtangayoga’?
[Chhattisgarh PCS (Pre) 2015]
59. The writer of Mahabhashya ‘Patanjali’ was contemporary of
(C) Pushyamitra Shunga
(D) Chandragupta I
Answer(C) Pushyamitra Shunga
[UPPCS (Pre) 2011]
60. The founder of school of NavyaNyaya was
[UPPCS (Pre) 1995]