21. India maintained its early cultural contacts and trade links with South-East Asia across the Bay of Bengal. For this pre-eminence of the early maritime history of Bay of Bengal, which of the following could be the most convincing explanation/explanations?
As compared to other countries, India had a better shipbuilding technology in ancient and medieval times
(B) The rulers of Southern India always patronised traders, brahmin priests and Buddhist monks in this context
(C) Monsoon winds across the Bay of Bengal facilitated sea voyages
(D) Both(A) and(B) are convincing explanation in this context
Answer(C) Monsoon winds across the Bay of Bengal facilitated sea voyages
[IAS (Pre) 2011]
22. Centres located in Gujarat, Bengal, Deccan and Tamil Country during the Gupta period were associated with which of the following?
(B) Gems and precious stones
(D) Opium cultivation
Answer(A) Textile manufacture
[RAS/RTS (Pre) 2010]
23. Which one of the following ports handled the North Indian trade during the Gupta Period?
[UPPSC (RI) 2014]
24. Who among the following is known for his Ayurvedic thematic composition during Gupta period?
[UP Lower Sub.(Spl) (Pre) 2002 IAS (Pre) 1996]
25. Who among the following is not associated with medicine in ancient India?
[IAS (Pre) 1993]
26. Who of the following among the Nine Gems of Chandragupta was associated with Astrology?
(D) Amar Singh
[UP Lower Sub. (Spl) (Pre) 2008]
27. Kalidas was in the ruling period of
[MPPCS (Pre) 1990]
28. Which(among these) are Gupta’s gold coins?
[UPPCS (Pre) 1992]
29. The silver coins issued by the Guptas were called
[IAS (Pre) 1996 UP Lower Sub. (Spl) (Pre) 2002]
30. Who of the following was the first Gupta ruler to issue coins?
[UPPCS (Mains) 2010 UPPCS (Pre) 2011]
31. In Sanskrit plays written during the Gupta period women and Sudras speak
[IAS (Pre) 1995]
32. The first inscriptional evidence of the Satipratha has been found from
[UPPCS (Mains) 2010]
33. Who established Gupta Samvat?
[MPPCS (Pre) 1991]
34. The gradual decline of towns was an important feature of which period?
(B) Pratihara era
(D) Satavahana era
Answer(A) Gupta period
[40th BPSC (Pre) 1995]
35. Which ruling dynasty donated maximum villages to temples and Brahmins?
(B) Pala Dynasty
Answer(A) Gupta Dynasty
[39th BPSC (Pre) 1994]
36. In ancient India, which dynasty’s rule is considered as the Golden Age?
[UPPCS (Spl) (Pre) 2004]
37. During which age did women enjoy equality with men?
(B) Mauryan age
(D) Vedic age
Answer(D) Vedic age
[UPPCS (Pre) 1994]
38. What was the land revenue rate in Gupta age?
Fourth part of the production
(B) Sixth part of the production
(C) Eighth part of the production
(D) Half part of the production
Answer(B) Sixth part of the production
[42nd BPSC (Pre) 1997]
39. What is the land revenue rate in religious books?
[Andhra Pradesh PSC (Pre) 2018 40th BPSC (Pre) 1995]
40. What is the valid tax according to Hindu law?
Half of the yields
(B) One-sixth of the yields
(C) One-third of the yields
(D) One-fourth of the yields
Answer(B) One-sixth of the yields
[UPPCS (Pre) 1992]