61. The Stupa site which is not connected with any incident of Lord Buddha’s life, is
(C) Bodh Gaya
[UPPCS (Mains) 2011 UPPCS (Spl) (Pre) 2008]
62. Amravati stupa was built during the period of
[UPPCS (Mains) 2014]
63. ‘World is unstable and transient’ is related to which of the following?
[Tamil Nadu PSC (Pre) 2019 UPPCS (Pre) 1992]
64. Who among the following is known as the ‘Light of Asia’?
(B) Mahatma Gandhi
(C) Mahavir Swami
(D) Swami Vivekanand
Answer(A) Gautama Buddha
[UPPCS (Mains) 2010]
65. Who amongst the following is known as the ‘Light of Asia’?
(B) Lord Buddha
(C) Paigamber Mohammad
Answer(B) Lord Buddha
[Gujarat PSC (Pre) 2019 Uttarakhand PCS (Pre) 2005]
66. Sir Edwin Arnold book ‘The Light of the Asia’ is based on
[UPPCS (Mains) 2014]
67. What is the fundamental difference between Hinayana and Mahayana sects of Buddhism?
Belief in Non-violence
(B) Caste free society
(C) Worship of God and Goddess
(D) Worship of stupas
Answer(C) Worship of God and Goddess
[Karnataka PSC (Pre) 2019 UPPCS (Pre) 1996]
68. Gautama Buddha was elevated to the position of God during the period of
(C) Chandragupta Vikramaditya
[Goa PSC (Pre) 2018 45th BPSC (Pre) 2001]
69. The first human statue worshipped in India were those of
[Tripura PSC (Pre) 2017 RAS/RTS (Pre) 2010]
70. Which of the following laid the foundation of idol worship in the country?
(D) Vedic religion
[UP Lower Sub. (Pre) 2008]
71. Name the ‘Mudra’ which is represented by the Gandharan Buddha image of Sarnath first sermon.
(C) Dharm Chakra
Answer(C) Dharm Chakra
[IAS (Pre) 1994]
72. The standing statue of Gautam Buddha was built in which period?
(B) Kushana Period
(C) Maurya Period
(D) Guptotar Period
Answer(B) Kushana Period
[UPPCS (Pre) 1992]
73. Lord Buddha’s image is sometimes shown with the hand gesture called; ‘Bhumisparsha Mudra’. It symbolizes.
Buddha’s calling of the Earth to watch over Mara and to prevent Mara from disturbing his meditation
(B) Buddha’s calling of the Earth to witness his purity and chastity despite the temptations of Mara
(C) Buddha’s reminder to his followers that they all arise from the Earth and finally dissolve into the Earth, and thus life is transitory
(D) Both the statements (A) and (B) are correct in this context
Answer(B) Buddha’s calling of the Earth to witness his purity and chastity despite the temptations of Mara
[IAS (Pre) 2012]
74. Sarnath Buddha image of Bhumisparsha Mudra belongs to
(B) Shunga period
(C) Kushana period
(D) Gupta period
Answer(D) Gupta period
[UPPCS (Mains) 2009]
75. In the Mahayana Buddhism, the Bodhisattva Avalokitesvara was also known as
[IAS (Pre) 1997]
76. The largest and the most evolved rock-cut Chaitya hall of the Hinayana phase is situated at
[UPRO/ARO (Pre) 2014]
77. Which Indian Buddhist monk had been sent to China in the first century A.D.?
[Uttarakhand PCS (Pre) 2005]
78. The Doctrine of void(Shunyata) was propounded by the Buddhist philosopher
[UPPCS (Pre) 1998]
79. To which Buddhist School did Nagarjuna belong?
[Uttarakhand UDA/LDA (Mains) 2007]
80. Buddhist centre of learning is
[MPPCS (Pre) 2004]