21. Who gave his first sermon in Sarnath?
(C) Mahatma Buddha
(D) Guru Nanak
Answer(C) Mahatma Buddha
[UPPCS (Pre) 1993]
22. Gautama Buddha gave his first sermon at
[56th to 59th BPSC (Pre) 2015]
23. In Buddhist text ‘Dharmachakra Parvartana’ is known as
(B) First Sermon at Sarnath
(C) His religious norms
(D) Buddha rituals
Answer(B) First Sermon at Sarnath
[UP Lower Sub. (Pre) 2004]
24. ‘Dharmachakrapravartana’ was performed at
[UP Lower Sub. (Pre) 2015]
25. Gautam Buddha gave the maximum sermons at which place?
[UPPCS (Pre) 2011]
26. Buddha had visited Kaushambi during the reign of
[UP UDA/LDA (Pre) 2010]
27. First Buddhist Conference after the death of Buddha was presided over by
[UPPCS (Pre) 2000]
28. Who among the following conducted the first Buddhist Council?
(C) Moggaliputta Tissa
[UP UDA/LDA (Mains) 2010]
29. ‘Saptaparni Cave’ is situated in
[UPRO/ARO (Pre) 2014]
30. Who among the following presided over the Buddhist Council held during the reign of Kanishka at Kashmir?
[IAS (Pre) 2001]
31. ‘Mahayana’ sect and Buddhism emerged during the reign of
[IAS (Pre) 1993]
32. A Buddhist Council during the reign of Kanishka was held at
[47th BPSC (Pre) 2005]
33. The Fourth Buddhist Council which was held in Kashmir during the reign of which king?
[IAS (Pre) 2001; RAS/RTS (Pre) 2010]
34. The Fourth Buddhist Council was held during the reign of
[UPRO/ARO (Mains) 2013]
35. Second Buddhist Council was held at which place?
[UPRO/ARO (Mains) 2014]
36. Where was the third Buddhist Council held?
(C) Bodh Gaya
[53rd to 55th BPSC (Pre) 2011]
37. The first Buddhist Council was held during the reign of
[UPPCS (Mains) 2010]
38. The first Buddhist council was held in which of the following cities?
(D) Bodh Gaya
[UPPCS (Pre) 2000; MPPCS (Pre) 1990]
39. Second Buddhist Council was organized by
[RAS/RTS (Pre) 1994]
40. Which event of Buddha’s life is represented by the wheel with deer, in Indian Art?
(C) First preaching
Answer(C) First preaching
[UPPCS (Mains) 2002]