1. Gautam Buddha’s Mother was from which clan?
(B) Maya clan
(C) Licchavis clan
(D) Koliyan clan
Answer(D) Koliyan clan
[UPPCS (Pre) 2008]
2. Gautam Buddha was born at
[UPPCS (Pre) 2002; MPPCS (Pre) 1992]
3. When was Gautam Buddha born?
(B) 561 B.C.
(C) 558 B.C.
(D) 544 B.C.
Answer(A) 563 B.C.
[MPPCS (Spl) (Pre) 2004]
4. Which of the events of Buddha’s life is known as ‘Mahabhinishkramana’?
(B) His birth
(C) His departure from home
(D) His attainment of enlightenment
Answer(C) His departure from home
5. Which of these is another name of Buddha?
[Chhattisgarh PCS (Pre) 2014]
6. From which inscriptions of the following dynasty Lumbini was known as Buddha’s birthplace?
[UP UDA/LDA (Pre) 2006]
7. Which one of the following inscriptions of Ashoka confirms the tradition that Gautama Buddha was born in Lumbini?
Basarh Pillar Inscription
(B) Nigali Sagar Pillar Inscription
(C) Rampurwa Pillar Inscription
(D) Rummindei Pillar Inscription
Answer(D) Rummindei Pillar Inscription
[UP UDA/LDA (Mains) 2010]
8. The inscription of which one of the following kings gives the information that Sakyamuni Buddha was born in Lumbini?
[UPPCS (Mains) 04, 07, 2011]
9. Where did Mahatma Buddha’s ‘Mahaparinirvan’ take place?
(B) Bodh Gaya
[47th BPSC (Pre) 2005 UPPCS (Pre) 2011 53rd to 55th BPSC (Pre) 2011]
10. Gautam Buddha attained ‘Mahaparinirvana’ in kingdom of
[UPPCS (Pre) 2011]
11. Gautam Buddha attained Nirvana at which place?
[MPPCS (Pre) 1997 Chhattisgarh PCS (Pre) 2011]
12. Buddha attained Mahaparinirvana in the Republic of the
[UPPCS (Mains) 2005]
13. Mahaparinirvana Temple is located at
(C) Bodh Gaya
[UP Lower Sub. (Mains) 2015]
14. Who was the last person to get enlightenment from Gautam Buddha?
[UPPCS (Pre) 2013]
15. Who amongst the following was the last person converted by the Buddha?
[UPRO/ARO (Pre) 2016]
16. Where did Buddha reside during the last rainy season of his life?
[UPPCS (Mains) 2015]
17. Which one of the following describes best the concept of Nirvana in Buddhism?
The extinction of the flame of desire
(B) The complete annihilation of self
(C) A state of bliss and rest
(D) A mental stage beyond all comprehension
Answer(A) The extinction of the flame of desire
[IAS (Pre) 2013]
18. Who was Alara Kalama?
A disciple of Buddha
(B) A distinguished Buddhist monk
(C) A king of Buddha’s time
(D) A teacher of Buddha
Answer(D) A teacher of Buddha
[UPPSC (GIC) 2010]
19. At which place did Mahatma Buddha give his first ‘Dhammachakkhapavathana’?
[53rd to 55th BPSC (Pre) 2011 47th BPSC (Pre) 2005 UPPCS (Mains) 2004 MPPCS (Pre) 91, 1999]
20. Where did Buddha preach his first sermon?
(D) Bodh Gaya
[Jharkhand PCS (Pre) 2013]