21. Among the four works mentioned below which one is encyclopedic in nature?
(C) Brihat Samhita
Answer(C) Brihat Samhita
[IAS (Pre) 1993]
22. Which of the following pair is not correctly matched?
Karpurmanjari – Harsha
(B) Malavikagnimitra – Kalidasa
(C) Mudrarakshasa – Vishakhadatta
(D) Saundarananda – Asvaghosha
Answer(A) Karpurmanjari – Harsha
[UPPCS (Pre) 2012]
23. Who wrote ‘Shakuntalam’?
(B) Ved Vyas
[MPPCS (Pre) 2000]
24. Which of the following is not a literary masterpiece of Kalidasa?
(C) Ritu Sanghar
[Chhattisgarh PCS (Pre) 2005]
25. The protagonist of the Play ‘Malvikagnimitra’ written by Kalidasa is
(B) Gautamiputra Satakarni
[UPPCS (Pre) 1998]
26. Which one of the following books of ancient India has the love story of the son of the founder of Sunga dynasty?
[IAS (Pre) 2016]
27. The author of ‘Swapnavasavadatta’ is
[43rd BPSC (Pre) 1999]
28. Who is the author of ‘Geet Govind’?
[MPPCS (Pre) 1997 Uttarakhand UDA/LDA (Pre) 2007]
29. Whose court was embellished by ‘Jaydev’ composer of Geet Govind?
(D) Lakshmana Sen
Answer(D) Lakshmana Sen
[UPPCS (Pre) 1999]
30. Thy right is to work only, but never with its fruits. This is stated in which of the following book?
[UPPCS (Pre) 1992]
31. In which epic it was told ‘what is here is also found elsewhere, but if not here is found nowhere else’?
[UPPCS (Pre) 1992]
32. Which ancient Indian book has been translated into 15(fifteen) Indian and 40(forty) foreign languages?
(C) Katha Saritsagar
[Uttarakhand PCS (Pre) 2010 RAS/RTS (Pre) 1992]
33. ‘Panchatantra’ was originally written by
(B) Vishnu Sharma
Answer(B) Vishnu Sharma
[MPPCS (Pre) 2013]
34. Who of the following is especially known for his contribution in the field of Algebra?
[UPPCS (Pre) 2002 UP Lower Sub. (Pre) 2002]
35. Lilavathi, a treatise on Mathematics, was written by
(C) Amartya Sen
[Uttarakhand PCS (Pre) 2010]
36. Aryabhatta was
(B) Indian Mathematician and Astronomer
(C) Indian Sanskrit Scholar and Poet
(D) None of the above
Answer(B) Indian Mathematician and Astronomer
[Uttarakhand UDA/LDA (Pre) 2007]
37. Which one of the following Indian Mathematician invented decimal place value?
[UPPSC (RI) 2014]
38. Who was the author of ‘Matta Vilasa Prahasana’?
(B) Mahakshatrap Rudradaman
(C) Mahendra Varman
(D) Pulakesin II
Answer(C) Mahendra Varman
[UP UDA/LDA (Spl) (Pre) 2010]
39. ‘Manusmriti’ is mainly related to
(D) Working method of State
Answer(A) Social System
[UPPCS (Pre) 2007]
40. The great lawgiver of ancient times was
(B) Arya Bhatta
[UPPCS (Mains) 2004]